Thursday, October 23, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats

THIS my friends, is heaven in a mason jar!

My life is hectic as it is; I don’t have the time to spend hours in the kitchen – but when you eat 6x a day, it can seem IMPOSSIBLE to keep it all clean, all the time. Welcome to my life, overnight oats!

I discovered overnight oats about 2 months ago through my second love, Pinterest – were you expecting anything else?

Talk about a QUICK & EASY meal with on-hand ingredients. It’s as if overnight oats were calling my name. Good news, I’m finally listening!!!

If you have 4 minutes and 2 mason jars, then get in your kitchen (like right now) and make this for yourself!

Ingredients:
1 mashed banana
1 cup oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup all natural creamy PB
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp light agave or pure honey

Directions:
Mash up your banana in a large bowl with a fork or potato masher. Throw in the rest of the ingredients and mix together very well. Split between 2 air tight containers. I used mason jars because they're awesome! Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or conveniently, overnight! Top in the morning with a bit more milk/hot water, and your favourite CLEAN toppings!

** nutritional information is approximate

No comments:

Post a Comment