Friday, July 25, 2014

It’s ALL About That Fresh Summer Salad!



I’ve never been a salad person. In fact, I’m still not a salad person. Ok, what the heck IS a salad person? In my definition, a salad person is one who constantly eats salad only, in hopes that they will lose all the weight they’ve gained and want to lose! While salads ARE super delicious, I personally need MORE! However, whenever summer time rolls around, there’s nothing better than fresh greens and color to make a bowl full of wonderfulness! Salads can be quick & easy to pack any day of the week or as a light dinner. My go-to, simple salad contains the following:

Ingredients:
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, cut into small pieces
- ¼ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ tomato, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. light feta cheese, chopped

Top with your favourite protein - I usually 2 hard-boiled eggs or 4oz. chicken breast - and your favourite dressing. VOILA!


Life & lunch MADE!

No comments:

Post a Comment