Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Clean Oatmeal Blueberry Cookies!

Picture this: It’s Friday night, you’ve chosen to stay at home instead of spoiling all your accomplishments during the week with booze and fried foods, BUT you still have a sweet tooth. Insert CLEAN treats!

If you’re anything like me, you’re already thinking about dessert before you’ve even started dinner! This weekend I needed something sweet to satisfy my cravings, but I wanted to keep it CLEAN so I stayed in line with my goal of eating clean, unprocessed foods.
So I took to the kitchen (and Pinterest!) to find something that was clean and made from ingredients I enjoyed and had in the kitchen.

Knowing that I could eat 10 cookies in 2 minutes, I knew I needed to start there! Instead one of my favorite fruits – blueberries – and I’m sold! And then, like magic, my oven popped out some Clean Oatmeal Blueberry Cookies!
















(I swear there wasn’t a hair on my cookie even though it looks like it!)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup quick rolled oats
  • - ¾ cup whole wheat flour
  • - 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
  • - ½ tsp. ground cinnamon (use a tad more if you lovvvvve cinnamon!)
  • - 1/8 tsp. sea salt
  • - 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melt first)
  • - 1 whole egg at room temperature
  • - 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • - ½ cup all-natural honey
  • - ¼ cup dried blueberries

Preparation:

  1. Use a medium bowl to whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the honey to the wet ingredients until fully mixed together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir together. Fold in the blueberries. Put the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops on the baking sheet.
  4. Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes.
  5. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment